There's only so much welding, cutting, or sawing you can do in an Ag. mechanics shop before the interest starts to wane and the students get tired of doing the same old thing. Undoubtedly you've had a few occasions where decide you wanted a small business for your class to include in your lesson plans. But what in the world would your students build that people would actually buy? Here are a few examples that can give you an idea or spark an even better business for your class/FFA chapter.
METALS BUSINESS PROJECTS
1. If you like your hay you better put a ring on it (Thanks Beyoncé!).
courtesy of Okinawa FFA
2. Hay forks are great if you have a solid crew of welders in your ag. mechanics classes.
courtesy of Rockdale FFA
3. Grills are always a manageable project to use as a fundraiser.
courtesy of Magnolia West FFA
4. Add a little style to your fundraising idea with a school/chapter key chain.
courtesy of George Ranch FFA
5. Business ideas don't always solve a cooking problem or work issue. Sometimes people need a little more fun in their life. Corn hole is the way to go.
courtesy of Johnboy Wilson
Hopefully this covers enough ground to get you going on your class business idea. Feel free to share your ideas.
Have a great week at school!